Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The story behind the name

Its funny how 1 name can turn into different pronunciations, different words... and in my case, different meaning.

"Stephanie"

All my life, my name could be broken up into 3: Steph-pha-nie & creatively, this is how it went.

"Steph"
Common. Most people I know end up calling me this for short. Even people I barely know.

"Phanie"
A couple of friends in high school called me this.

"Fern Leaf"
I am guessing because of the Pha?

"Stephie"
My parents calls me this. Now even my boss.

"Stif Stef"
1 colleague calls me this. Its a long story. To cut it short, this colleague & a client used to make fun of me. So 1 day, I said STIF! & they said wth is STIF? I said "Set The Innocent Free"! So yes, thats how the name came along.

"Nenek"
Mom used to call me this when I was younger. Maybe cause I was like one.

"Granny"
Come to think of it, some of my high school friends called me granny cause I used glasses.

"Li Hwa"
Yes, my chinese name.

"Olive"
My uncle till this very day still calls me that because I was so skinny "before" (yes before) that he thought I looked like Popeye's gf. & my uncle is a sailor.

There should be more, but this are the ones I can think of.

Now, going into the story behind the name Bunny. Most people wonder why ALL my college mates calls me Bunny. So here it is.

"Panie"
Not PHanie but Panie. My brother & sisters call me this. & also 2 of my cousins.
My sister's ex bf thought she called me Penyu.

Anyway, 1 day during my first year in college, my group of mates came over to my house to watch a movie for an assignment. Then my sis called me "PANIE" & they all thought she called me BUNNY. So yes, simple as that. From that instant, everyone in college called me Bunny. & I got use to it.

If you ever hear my high school mates calling me Honey Bunny, its totally for a completely different reason from the above.
My bf's name in my handphone up till this very day is "Honey Bunny" but no, I do not call him that. When they were going through my hp during school days, they saw it & started using it to make fun of me.

So, thats how the name Bunny came about & thus "I Killed The Bunny"

The End

No comments: