Thursday, January 29, 2009

CNY 2009

GONG XI FA CAI!


Chinese New Year this year came as fast as it passed (though its not really over yet). As usual, CNY was celebrated in Malacca as thats where my dad is from and relatives are still there. Grandparents are no longer around and my dad has 7 siblings with 6 of them in KL now and only 1 remained there.

To cut things short, its the same routine every year but it never gets boring. On the eve, its steamboat dinner.

On CNY day, everyone rushes for the toilet. The Malacca house is empty and we only use it during occasions like CNY, Christmas (not anymore), All Souls Day, Weddings, etc. So during CNY, there are like 20-30 people in 1 house and thats when toilets are a bit of a problem.

Church in the morning and visiting till lunch time is the routine. 

My Family. Big sis not around....yet!

With my Godma 

The 2 aunties (dad's sis) & the nieces & in-laws.

Picture of the day. 

My sister came down in the afternoon on the first day. Wheee!

After gambling and stuffing our faces, came back down to KL on the 3rd day after lunch at aunty's house.

So yes, that's my CNY. Hows yours? 

No comments: