Monday, September 15, 2008

Moving Out!

We are finally shifting out....from my office.

My office is situated in Damansara Perdana. Not sure where that is? Here are some clues:
The area beside The Curve, Ikea & Ikano. Friendster Cafe. The new Citibank. The Edge/Financial Daily new office.
Still not sure? Go get a map!

Ever since I started working there, February 2007, I have "experienced" 3 robbery.
To cut straight to the point, here are some solid reasons why you shouldn't live or work in Damansara Perdana (DP).

1. Security
When I first started working there, my colleagues told me there was an incident where a salesman came in the office & without anyone knowing, took 2 handphones. Sounds familiar?

While I was working there, here are my own experience:
Scenario 1: Me & 3 other colleagues went out for lunch. 1 of my colleague usually packs her food from home and eats in office. While she was eating, someone used the office card pass, scanned & came in. My colleague thought it was one of us so she didn't bother. Lucky she didn't cause when we came back, 4 of our laptops was gone! Broad daylight and had our office pass. Hmmmm.....

Scenario 2: I reached office early in the morning, the same time as another 1 of my colleague. Heard the office alarm ringing like crazy! Went up, the front doors were still locked up. Opened & to our horror, the office was in a mess! 2 laptops gone (including mine), 2 laptops were thrown on the floor (1 with the battery stolen), camera, original programmes, etc. Whats the worst thing? The alarm was ringing for at least 4-5 hours & the security didn't bother.

Scenario 3: This happened just last week on Thursday. My colleague was in front of my office on the sidewalk! A motorbike stopped, the backseat guy jumped down & ran towards my colleague & stole her bag. This happened at 2pm! Not only was it broad daylight but during lunch hour.

2. Parking
Parking there is like the parking in Taipan, USJ. We do not have basement carpark & we pay to MBPJ. There are not enough parking bays so common practice at DP is we double park & leave our numbers on our windscreen. Now, we do not have a choice cause there isn't parking right? & let me give you a warning. EVERYDAY there are MBPJ officers "saman-ing" cars. When I said everyday I mean everyday! But they understand the parking problems that we have, so they do NOT "saman" cars that double park. But, at certain days, when they are PMS-ing or there is a new officer OR when the Police decides to drop in, you will get a blady ticket on your windscreen!

3. One way in, One way out
There is only ONE way in & ONE way out of DP. If the bridge leading out of DP decides to "runtuh", I better be having my pillows with me to sleep in office. 

4. Management
After complaining to the Management several times, did they do anything about it? No! Btw, the Management for DP is MK LAND! Their cctv outside my office is just for show, it does not work. First robbery, no cctv. Second robbery, cctv still not up! Not only that, my boss refused to pay the maintenance fee because they are not doing anything to help the area. What do they do? Cut the lift to our floor & cut my boss access to her basement car park.
Also, during one of my boss complain at their office, a guy came in lodging a report stating his car was stolen in the carpark basement! & guess what, there are securities in the basements! This is not the only incident. Most of our neighbors all have had their share of robbery. One with a knife at his throat.

However, there are obviously some pros to DP.

1. Food
There are plenty of food there. Chinese, mamak, western, japanese, malay.....Bored of the food in DP? Its okay! The Curve is just 3 minutes away!

2. Location
Close to PJ & the Penchala Link directly from DP. Takes only 5 minutes to Hartamas & 10 mins to KL (without jam).

3. Environment
Not the working environment but the early morning fresh environment. DP is still surrounded by mountains, so early mornings or during rainy days, its really cooling.

4. Shopping
There are a couple of boutiques in DP & the most famous one: Cats Whiskers. Also close to The Curve & 1Utama.

So yea, I am just in a ranting mood. But some eye opener of DP.
As mentioned, will be shifting out by end of the year! Won't mention where yet but can only say our new office is a house which will be turned into an office.

No comments: