Monday, September 8, 2008

My Merdeka

It has been 10 days since I last updated my blog. Hmm, maybe wifey is right - that I will neglect it 1 day. But I will be kiasu & prove her wrong! Even if I update it only once a month. 

Back to Merdeka weekend: How did you guys celebrated it?
For me, Merdeka was a bit "quiet" this year. It can be 2 reasons:
1. With all the "problems" Malaysia is going through this days, I don't feel like a Malaysian!
2. I am getting old!

Let me tell you how I celebrated my Merdeka Eve this year as an old aunty.

I went to Kampung Jawa for seafood dinner with the boyfriend's friend because it was his friend's birthday. 3 tables, around 20 people, eating crab & fish & sotong, etc for Merdeka Eve. No, that is not the true "aunty" part yet. After dinner, we went for drinks. No, not at a club or a pub like Laundry or something BUT at a pub in USJ1 filled with old aunties & uncles & kids at the age of 7 playing pool! Kids that belongs to the old aunties & uncles. & if that isn't hilarious, there we old aunties and uncles karaoke-ing which was the "music" for the pub. 
But one thing for sure, the beer is blardy cheap! 
  
Here is one of me & the boyfriend before dinner was served.

The very next morning at 7am, had to rush back to Teluk Intan for my cousin brother's wedding. Had to make sure that we arrived before the bride arrives. 

Nothing much to "cerita", so here are some pictures. Enjoy!

My family, excluding my dad & brother with the newly wed.

Picture stolen from my uncle in facebook. Mother, sisters, aunties, cousin & soon to be sister-in-law.

Wedding dinner. My immediate family.

Family with brother-in-law, niece & soon to be sister-in-law.

Sunset! The ladies...

Everytime we go to this restaurant in Teluk Intan, this dish is a MUST! Lobster 4 season...

This desert was really good! Yam with gingko! slurpsss....

The Wedding cake. Super cute.

No comments: